Sunday, December 21, 2008

Dog dishes on the floor?

Mother gets angry about the silliest things.  When she's frustrated it's really obvious.  She purses her lips, her face turns red, and her eyes bulge.  When Mother came home from church this morning, she noticed the dogs' dishes were on the floor next to their water dish.  "Who put the dog dishes on the floor?" 

Turns out evil Shorty had washed the dog dishes and put them on floor.  Mother yelled, "Damn it.  I don't want the dog dishes on the floor."  Shorty, who was in the kitchen and didn't have her hearing aid on as usual yelled, "What? What? I always wash the dog dishes."  Mother yelled back, "I don't care if you wash the dishes.  Just don't put them on the floor." 

Mother was frustrated all day about the dog dishes.  Later, when we went out to dinner, and I had one too many drinks, I started laughing about the dog dish problem.  Mother yelled at me, "Damn it!  I don't want clean dog dishes on the floor.  

Mother gets angry about the craziest things.  Things that nobody in his or her right mind would get angry about.  Things that are real problems, have no effect on Mother.   

No comments:

Post a Comment